NovaTraduccion is a company specialized in urgent procedures and formalities.
We offer our services to both individuals and companies that request or legalize documents before the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Education, the Chamber of Commerce, the Superior Court of Justice, the Consulates and Embassies, or any other another public body in Spain.

Documents presented abroad are subject to specific formalities called “legalizations or apostilles”. These formalities vary according to the countries and authorities in which they are submitted. If you want to avoid the bureaucracy resulting from these effortsNovaTraduccion can carry out these formalities for you.

What is the apostille of The Hague and when is it required?

The apostille of The Hague, or simply apostille, is a simplified method of legalizing documents in order to verify their authenticity within the International scope.

The Hague apostille is a seal, a sticker that is placed at the end of the original document before its translation, as it must also be translated by the Sworn Translator. In this way, you can avoid the process of diplomatic and consular legalization and it is replaced by a much simpler legalization process: The Hague Apostille, which usually has the following appearance.


When is the Apostille of The Hague needed?

The need for a sworn translation to incorporate an Apostille of The Hague is determined by the recipient, which is the requesting authority.
Therefore, always ask the person who is requiring a Sworn Translation, whether you need The Hague Apostille or not.

Who should I request The Hague apostille to?

  • If it is a Spanish notarized document, the corresponding Notary Association must add the Apostille.
  • In the case of Spanish judicial documentation, the Ministry of Justice or the Superior Courts of Justice of the Autonomous Communities will be the indicated authorities.
  • Academic records and certificates of studies issued in Spain must be sealed by the Ministry of Education, and subsequently taken to the Ministry of Justice to include the Apostille of The Hague.

In any case, it is important to emphasize that the Apostille must be added before making the sworn translation, which also must be translated by the Sworn Translator.

The apostille will not be applied to:

  • Documents issued by diplomatic or consular officials.
  • Administrative documents directly related to a commercial or customs operation

column1-image1Visa application

legalizacion documentos ministeriosdocuments from ministries

apostilla de la hayaThe Hague Apostille

column1-image1Legalization in consulates

column1-image1Central Civil Registry

column1-image1Marriage certificate

column1-image1Birth certificate

column1-image1Criminal records certificate

column1-image1Other certificates….




If you need to use your document in a member country of The Hague Convention, you need an Apostille.


If the original document you wish to legalize comes from a country that is not a member of The Hague Convention, you need to legalize it at its Embassy or Consulate.


Briefly detail the reason for your enquiry and a specialist will contact you.





Debe aceptar la política de privacidad.